Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Member of IndiBlogger

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Story Contd...3 Days to Name and Fame

This post is a beginning for the end of my last post. Now my Grandpa was little scared to keep the mobile with him so it was in custody of my dad. Everyone was busy with their daily chores. It was evening time. All the male members of the family had gone to the neighbouring house for a feast (we call it Bhoj).Then suddenly the honourable mobile started ringing. Generally, I am very reluctant in picking up the phone calls but, somehow I picked this one. There was a person from customer care at the other end with an extra sweet (malai mar ke :-) ) tone .Bihari trying to become Umrican kind of accent.He started off with Good evening mam and asked me the mobile number which I was not knowing .I casually told him to give me 5 minutes of time to find the number because I was not the actual owner of the phone .Then all my younger sisters were running around to find a piece of paper where they had scribbled the number .Meantime the person at other end was constantly asking me where the actual owner was to which I responded saying the owner was in washroom (this is the general statement which I give over phone call when I want to buy time either to find the person or to convince the caller that once the person is back I will ensure that he gives a call back).After a lot of struggle somebody gave me the number written over the brown cover that is inside the outer cover of the Britannia biscuit pack a(the sugar coated one). What an idea madam ji .What a place to save the number .I should pat Anjani’s(youngest among us .daughter of my dad’s youngest brother) back for such an innovative idea to Go Green .So Now I was back to the person on the call I told him the number and by now he had started scolding me saying that madam aap hi fone chura li hai jab fone appka hai he nahi to aapke paas hai kyun .I was like what is this now?I told him that it is my grandpa's phone and he has gone to market you can give him a call in half an hour , by that time, he will be back .But the karamchand at other end was saying aap pehle soch lijiye owner washroom mein hai ya market mein .oh!! shucks I forgot that I had earlier told him owner is in wash room.He was elated finding a thief .I think, he was deciding which suit to wear for 2010 bravery award function.He was telling that madam ji hum to ye number band kar denge .I was shouting at my peak that dont you dare to do this other wise you will have to face the consequences. It is my grandpa's number and nothing should happen to this number. He banged the phone saying no one can save it from getting disconnected. From then to the time I was there at my house whoever passed by me, was giggling and asking me the same question ahi ke chor samajh leleak(Maithli Version )(He took you only as thief) ? and then the whole story was repeated to xyz whoever was standing nearby .Aaaaaaaah!!! what a name and fame I got in just 3 days .

1 comments:

I had loved this blog of your's.... perfect narration.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More